Illinois Home Performance has had an exciting month and the program is pleased to announce that it has reached the following milestones:
* MEEA, on behalf of DCEO, is seeking applications for training providers for its Building Science Training Series (BSTS) classes in program year 2012-13. Courses in this year’s BSTS will educate Illinois contractors about the technical and business aspects of the home performance industry and will provide BPI CEUs to students.
- To download the Request for Application and submit up to six course proposals for in this year’s BSTS, visit http://www.illinoishomeperformance.org/instructor-rfa.
- Submittals are due by 5:00p CST on Friday, November 2nd, 2012.
- Questions regarding the application process must be received via email to email@example.com or via phone to (312) 784-7275 by 5:00p CST on Wednesday, October 31st, 2012.
*MEEA welcomes Ameren Illinois as the newest Illinois Home Performance Program Provider. Ameren Illinois’s territory covers the largest geographical area in Illinois, and as an IHP Program Provider Ameren Illinois’s Act On Energy and Warm Neighbors Cool Friends participants will have access to the Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Certificate of Completion. We look forward to issuing many Certificates with Ameren Illinois as Illinois Home Performance rolls out across the state.
* The first two Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Gold Certificates have been issued—the first to a homeowner in Decatur, and the second to a homeowner in Burnside. These homes received deep retrofits that achieved significant energy savings through measures such as air leakage reductions of over 30%, insulation added to the attic, crawlspace, and walls, the installation of an ENERGY STAR qualified furnace and air conditioner, and the installation of a mechanical ventilation system. The IHP program is excited to reach this milestone for the home performance industry in Illinois and looks forward to issuing many more Gold Certificates across the state. Congratulations to our partners at Ameren Illinois for this achievement.
*Illinois Home Performance, in collaboration with Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN), is pleased to announce the launch of its Equipment Loan Program. This program allows home performance students and professionals to borrow equipment such as IR cameras, blower doors, and combustion safety testing kits at no charge. Students must be BPI certified or seeking BPI certification, and the equipment may not be used for profit. The program is active at Illinois Central College in Peoria, John A. Logan College in Carterville, and Lewis & Clark Community College in Godfrey. For more information, visit http://energyequipmentloan.org/.