ACEEE released its 2012 State Energy Efficiency Scorecard where it grades states based on a variety of factors, including policies that have been put in place and funds that have been spent on energy efficiency. Midwestern highlights in the report, include:
- – 7 Midwestern states moved up in rankings- (Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, and North Dakota)
- – Illinois received the highest score on building energy codes
- – Minnesota received the 2nd highest score for its “Utility and Public Benefits Programs and Policies”
- – Ohio received the 2nd highest score for its CHP policies
- – Michigan was recognized for its significant improvements
- – Iowa received the maximum number of points for its 2011 electricity and natural gas efficiency budgets
The full report can be found here.