The Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) is a regional non-profit organization based in Chicago with a mission to advance energy efficiency in the Midwest to support sustainable economic development and environmental preservation. MEEA is committed to be a collective voice for energy efficiency at a national, regional and state level; act as a clearinghouse to identify, evaluate and create successful programs and market assessments for the region; and foster communication on effective energy policy.
The Commercial and Industrial Program Senior Manager/Manager will manage MEEA’s local, state and regional C&I initiatives while expanding program offerings, increasing program success and serving under the direction of the Executive Director, Deputy Director and Director of Programs. The focus of the C&I Manager’s work will be management and expansion of C&I programs including Building Operator Certification and other retro-commissioning/training programs, as assigned. The C&I Program Senior Manager/Manager will also staff MEEAs Midwest Industrial Initiative.
The C&I Program Senior Manager/Manager will supervise C&I programming staff, provide guidance and expertise to MEEA team members on C&I efforts, engage in outreach to a variety of program partners and key stakeholders and strategize to expand and improve upon current program offerings. The C&I Senior Manager/Manager will work collaboratively with the entire MEEA team, program partners, key stakeholders and funders. The C&I Senior Manager/Manager will present on C&I programs throughout the region, represent MEEA at various industry meetings and maintain and foster existing relationships throughout the energy efficiency community to advance the work of the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance.
• Manage all aspects of a nationally-recognized energy efficiency training and certification program for building operations staff, offered by over 25 Midwest utilities and state energy offices across eight states
• Deliver seamless daily leadership and direction through oversight of all program administration, supervise team, and effectively manage over 30 contracted engineers and 10 program partners
• Design and implement program marketing strategies, cultivate new utility relationships and manage diverse funding sources including utilities, federal and state grants, and training funds from community colleges
• Expand programming to increase participation and certification
• Launch MEEA’s program presence in new states by identifying and managing relationships with investor-owned utilities, state energy offices, and local program implementers
• Effectively manage annual program budget and provide detailed financial reports to program funders, federal and state grantors, MEEA’s Program Director, Executive Director and Board of Directors
• Manage MEEAs Industrial Efficiency initiative, including development of catalogue of industrial resources and best practices, state-by-state database of industrial policies, identify state/utility programs and best practices, and database of industrial users throughout the region
• Represent MEEA and speak at industry conferences and events to promote energy savings associated with utility sponsored efficiency programs and improved facility operations & maintenance strategies
• Manage and/or staff initiatives and projects as assigned
• Secure funding for program initiatives- both existing and newly identified
• Work collaboratively with Programs, Finance, Policy, Membership and all MEEA team members to advance energy efficiency throughout the region, grow membership and serve as a resource and expert
• Serve as a positive and proactive team member to take initiative to accomplish competing priorities and initiatives to meet deadlines and objectives
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
• Passion for and commitment to energy efficiency
• Minimum 6-8 years experience in C&I program development (knowledge of Midwest EE programming preferred)
• B.A. or B.S. required in environmental science, natural resource management, engineering or related field/experience, advanced degree preferred
• CEM, PE or professional building operator certification desirable
• Background working in commercial or industrial building operations
• Results oriented management expertise and strategic planning skills
• Strong facilitation and coalition building skills amongst diverse stakeholders
• Proven oral and written communication skills
• Ability to take initiative as well as work collaboratively in a team environment
• Project management skills including an ability to manage/prioritize multiple initiatives, responsibilities and personalities simultaneously with diplomacy and professionalism
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities creatively and with enthusiasm
• Demonstrated leadership, staff management expertise and a positive team orientation
• Industrial plant energy management experience a plus
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience. MEEA is an equal opportunity employer.
MEEA’s office is located in Chicago in the Lyric Opera Building.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: C&I Manager. Candidates who do not submit all three items will not be considered.
Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references.