This past week MEEA signed on to voice our support for S. 1914, The Cut Energy Bills at Home Act, that has been introduced by Senators Snowe (R-ME), Bingaman (D-NM), and Feinstein (D-CA). This legislation would create performance-based tax credit for people to make whole house energy improvements.
MEEA also signed-on to letters to the Chairmen and Ranking Members of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development and the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies. The letter urged them to support critical energy efficiency programs in the Fiscal Year 2012 Energy and Water Development Appropriations bill, including:
1. Building Technologies Program ($210.5 million);
2. Industrial Technologies Program ($96 million);
3. Weatherization Assistance ($174.3 million);
4. State Energy Program ($50 million); and
5. Federal Energy Management Program ($30 million)